Kaliningrad oblast is the westernmost region of Russia separated from the main territory of the country and surrounded by Poland and Lithuania.
The history of the city formerly known as Konigsberg has more than 760 years. In 1255, the Teutonic Knights built a castle here. Later, Konigsberg became the fortified capital of East Prussia. It was badly damaged during the Second World War. Photos by: Slava Stepanov.
Tags: Kaliningrad city
The park complex of the history of equipment named after K.G. Sakharov is an open-air museum located on the outskirts of Avtozavodsky district of the city of Tolyatti.
The museum has more than 460 exhibits showing the development of the automobile, armored, aviation, railway equipment, as well as missile and artillery, naval armaments. Equipment History Park in Tolyatti on Google Maps. Photos by: Konstantin Antipin.
Rostov, also known as Rostov Veliky (meaning Rostov the Great), is a town with a population of about 30 thousand people located in the Yaroslavl region, 53 km south-west of Yaroslavl, on the shores of Lake Nero.
This is one of the oldest towns in Russia for the first time mentioned in chronicles in 862. In 1207-1474, it was the center of the Rostov principality. Today, Rostov is a tourist center of the route “Golden Ring of Russia”. Photos by: ivanchuk1.
Church of the Resurrection in Rostov Kremlin.
Vologda, included in the list of Russian cities that have particularly valuable historical heritage, has a unique museum – Museum of Lace, the only one in the country.
The museum is located in the historic center of the city, in a two-story stone building – the object of cultural heritage of the 18th century (Kremlovskaya Square, 12). Working hours: 10:00 – 17:00. Closed: Monday, Tuesday.
It was founded as a military fortification in the center of the Volga-Vyatka region in 1584. Until 1919, the town was called Tsarevokokshaisk, in 1919-1927 – Krasnokokshaisk. Photos by: Slava Stepanov.
Kiprovo (formerly Saunino) is a small village with a population of about 200 people located in the Kargopol district of the Arkhangelsk region, 5 km from the town of Kargopol.
The village is known for its beautiful wooden church of St. John Chrysostom (1665) with a bell tower. The pictures of this architectural ensemble show how diverse wooden architecture can be depending on the view angle. Church of St. John Chrysostom in Saunino on Google Maps. Photos by: Alexandr Lipilin.
The Ergaki Nature Park is located in Ermakovsky and Karatuzsky districts in the south of Krasnoyarsk krai. It is a real natural “pearl” of the region.
This amazingly beautiful place is a mountain range with a variety of bizarre peaks, lakes and waterfalls.
Tags: Krasnoyarsk krai
Krasnodar is a city with a population of more than 800 thousand people located in the south of Russia, on the banks of the Kuban River, about 120-150 kilometers from the Black and Azov Seas.
This city, the administrative center of the Krasnodar region, is often called the capital of southern Russia. Krasnodar is located on the so-called “golden line” – the 45th parallel, between the North Pole and the equator. The climate in the area is considered to be the most suitable for life. Photos by: Slava Stepanov.
Tags: Krasnodar city
Vvedenskiy Tolga Convent is located on the outskirts of Yaroslavl, on the left bank of the Volga River. You can easily get here by water-bus from the city center.
Founded as a monastery in 1314, it was named after the Tolga River flowing nearby. In 1987, after nearly sixty years of closure, it was reopened as a convent. Tolga Convent on Google Maps. Photos by: Vasiliy Nikitinskiy.
The mountain park “Ruskeala” is a unique man-caused and natural landscape and tourist attraction, tourist complex located in Sortavala district of the Republic of Karelia, near the village of Ruskeala, 30 km north of the city of Sortavala, on the banks of the Tohmajoki River.
The basis of the complex is a former marble quarry filled with groundwater – the object of cultural heritage, the monument of history. The length of the quarry from north to south is 460 meters, the width – up to 100 meters.
Tags: Karelia Republic