Russia’s only amber museum is located in the defensive tower “Der Dona” in Kaliningrad (Marshal Vasilevsky Square, 1).
The museum exhibition occupies 28 halls with a total area of more than one thousand square meters. A significant part of the collection consists of amber pieces with inclusions of fragments of ancient flora and fauna. Photos by: Alexander Lipilin.
The exhibition includes several sections:
* The origin of amber and its properties,
* Historical and archaeological knowledge about amber,
* Amber in the art of the 17th-18th centuries,
* Koenigsberg State Amber Manufactory,
* Kaliningrad Amber Plant,
* Amber in the works of contemporary artists.
This is a very interesting museum that we recommend to visit, if you come to Kaliningrad.
Tags: Kaliningrad city