Get free answers from our Russian expert!

Ask your question:

Your name:

Your email (optional):

What would you like to ask:

The answer will be even faster if you kindly follow us on Twitter @RussiaTrek or post some tweets related to our site (just mention it in the question field).

Most recent or choose the topic: Adoption, Airports, Apartments, Archives, Army, Business, Cities, Citizenship, Costs, Cruises, Currency, Distances, Driving, Ecology, Economics, Economy, Education, Enterprises, Entertainment, Flights, Flowers, Food, Genealogy, General, History, Holidays, Hotels, Hunting, Industries, Languages, Locations, Medicine, Misc, Money, Museums, Music, Nature, People, Photos, Politics, Post, Relatives, Religion, Roads, Safety, Sport, Study, Theaters, Trains, Travel, Visa, Wage, Weather, Work

Questions and answers:

Michael Grant asks: I am considering a job transfer that would bring me to Kaluga for as many as 3 years. What would be the approximate cost, per month, of a "high priced flat". Also, would I be able to obtain a driver's license to operate my own car? Thank you for your help
Expert's answer:
I have found the following list of apartments available for rent in Kaluga. This service to translate from Russian. You can drive a car if you have your international driver's license with you. Also you will need to have notarized translation of your license to Russian language.
henk asks: How safe is it to drive by a foreign car in Russia?
Expert's answer:
In general I can say that it is a trip for experienced traveler preferably with the knowledge of Russian language because Russian roads are rather dangerous due to numerous factors. The roads are mainly narrow and of low quality, a lot of drivers do not follow the rules, there is a lot of aggression on the roads too.

Sponsored Links: