TAG | Vologda city
Vologda Kremlin is historical and architectural complex located in the central part of Vologda. It was founded as a fortress in 1567 by order of Tsar Ivan the Terrible and played the role of defensive fortification in the 16th-17th centuries.
By the 1820s the Kremlin walls and towers were dismantled. Today the territory of the Kremlin is a historical and trade center of Vologda. Several architectural monuments built at the same time as the Kremlin were preserved. They are standing on the Kremlin Square. Photos by Ilya Pokrovsky.
Museum of lace is a museum in Vologda city, the branch of Vologda State Historical, Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve. The address: Vologda, Kremlin Square, 12.
The museum is located in the historic center of Vologda in a two-story stone building – an object of cultural heritage of federal importance of the 18th century.