Architectural Monuments of Rostov the Great
Rostov, also known as Rostov Veliky (meaning Rostov the Great), is a town with a population of about 30 thousand people located in the Yaroslavl region, 53 km south-west of Yaroslavl, on the shores of Lake Nero.
This is one of the oldest towns in Russia for the first time mentioned in chronicles in 862. In 1207-1474, it was the center of the Rostov principality. Today, Rostov is a tourist center of the route “Golden Ring of Russia”. Photos by: ivanchuk1.
Church of the Resurrection in Rostov Kremlin.
On the territory of Rostov there are more than 300 monuments of culture, a third of which are monuments of federal significance. The museum-reserve “Rostov Kremlin” is included in the list of the most valuable objects of cultural heritage of Russia’s peoples.
Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (1508-1512) with a belfry.
Rostov the Great – cityscape.
On the belfry of Rostov Kremlin.
Church of the Merciful at the shopping arcade (1685-1690).
On the shore of Lake Nero in Rostov Veliky.
Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (1508-1512).
The belfry of Rostov Kremlin.
Church of the Resurrection (1670).
Rostov Kremlin and Lake Nero.
Along the old walls of Rostov Kremlin.
Church of St. John the Theologian.
Church of St. Nicholas (1691) in Bogoyavlenskiy Avraamiyev convent.
Cathedral of the Epiphany (1558) in Bogoyavlenskiy Avraamiyev convent.
Spaso-Yakovlevsky Dimitriev monastery on the shore of Lake Nero.
Gardening in Rostov Kremlin.
Pond in the garden of the Metropolitan in Rostov Kremlin.
Church of St. James, Bishop of Rostov in Spaso-Yakovlevsky Dimitriev monastery.
Church of Demetrius, Metropolitan of Rostov (1795-1801) in Spaso-Yakovlevsky Dimitriev monastery.
Church of the Icon of the Mother of God Hodegetria (1692-1693).
Krasnaya Chamber and Church of St. John the Theologian in Rostov Kremlin.