Archive for February 2017
The village of Pet, located in Pitelinsky district of the Ryazan region, is known for its amazing church. Vvedensky Church was built in eclectic style with elements of Art Nouveau and neo-Russian style in 1912-1913.
After 1917, the church was used as a warehouse to store agricultural tools, grain, and even meat. Photos by: Vadim Razumov.
Church of Elijah the Prophet, standing on Sovetskaya Square in the center of Yaroslavl, is an outstanding architectural monument of Yaroslavl school of architecture of the 17th century. This church almost completely preserved its original appearance.
The church was built in 1647-1650-ies at the expense of citizens of the town, the Yaroslavl merchants Vonifatiy Skripin and Ioannikiy Skripin who traded in furs, church utensils and precious stones. Photos by: Vladimir Dar.
This small city with a population of about 110 thousand people has a surprisingly large number of old places of worship. Photos by: Kirill Moiseev.
Resurrection Monastery founded in the 13th century.
This city, located on the left bank of the Amur River, is the only administrative center in Russia standing on the state border. Chinese city of Heihe is located on the right bank of the Amur, at a distance of half a kilometer. Photos by: Slava Stepanov.
You can see how this place looked like 108 years ago, in 1909. It is possible due to unique color photographs made by Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky. Source.
General view of Vytegra and the Vytegra River.
Suzdal is one of the most beautiful old Russian towns located in the Vladimir region. First mentioned in 1024, this town-museum has a lot of historical and architectural monuments.
By the middle of the 11th century, it became a major trade and craft center. The period from the 16th to 17th centuries was marked by an active stone construction (monastery and church buildings). The architectural ensembles that have survived to the present day were formed during this period. Photos by: Andrei Kireev.
Church of the Intercession at Fili is an Orthodox church located in Filevsky Park district, in the western administrative district of Moscow (Novozavodskaya Street, 6).
This architectural monument of federal importance is a fine example of early Moscow baroque. The church was built by the boyar Lev Kirillovich Naryshkin, the uncle of Peter I, in 1690-1694. Photos by: Pavel Labutin.